Perfect for the summer season, either as a main meal or to accompany other dishes especially BBQ's.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
200g West Country Westcombe Mature Cheddar, shaved with potato peeler
200g fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced (dry mushrooms can be used but should be soaked first in a little warm water for 5 – 10 minutes)
200g trimmed asparagus
200g new potatoes, cut length ways
4 tbsps olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
Salt and pepper
White wine vinegar
2 tbsps flat leafed parsley, chopped roughly
Juice one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees c.
2. Mix potatoes with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the potatoes in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
4. In a frying pan sauté the mushrooms and garlic with half the butter and half the olive oil and season. Set to one side in a warm place.
5. Sauté the asparagus with the remaining butter, oil and season, and set aside in a warm place.
6. Bring a pan of water to the boil with enough salt and vinegar to taste. Poach eggs for 2 – 3 minutes until soft boiled. Remove from water and set aside.
7. Add all remaining ingredients except the eggs in a bowl. Gently mix and divide between 4 plates. Place poached egg on each plate and drizzle with olive oil. Serve and enjoy!